HOT NEWS: PAPER: CETS warns EU of disastrous ideology of NGOs (30/04/2020)
CETS was established in 1981 with the objective of providing a means for European manufacturers and suppliers of surface treatment plant; equipment and chemicals to exchange information on a wide range of topics of interest. The organisation gradually developed and began to encompass the applicators of coatings and one of its main achievements was the assistance that it provided to the European IPPC Bureau in the development of the Best Available Techniques Reference (BREF) document for the Surface Treatment of Metals (STM) and plastics.
CETS is an EU Accredited Stakeholder Organisation (ASO), working in co-operation with the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA) and a number of umbrella organisations from different fields and sectors. As an ASO, CETS works at an EU level and contributes with its vast knowledge to help ECHA reach out to wider audiences.
If there is a specific topic that you would like us to raise on your behalf, please contact a member of the CETS Board.
The prime objective to provide the facility of European manufacturers of surface treatment plants and processes to share common needs of:
– Exchange of knowledge on health, safety and environmental issues
– Exchange of information on matters of statutory regulations
– Exchange of information on business statistics
– Aspire a European standardisation
– Observe market development and sales statistics
– Accomplish market research
Members of CETS manufacture and operate plants and processes for:
– Chemical and electrochemical treatment of metal and plastics
– Physical and thermal metal coating
– Ancillary equipment for chemical or electrolytic plants
– Plants and equipments for organic coatings
– Plants and equipment for chemical and electrochemical treatment
– Plants and equipment for mechanical plating
– Plants and equipment for physical deposition
– Pollution abatement for water and air