On May 25, 2018, the new European privacy rules. GDPR, either General Data Protection Regulation, replace all national privacy laws in all European Member States. CETS shall adopt its policy on the protection of your personal data in line with these provisions.
CETS is committed to respecting the privacy of its members, subscribers, contacts and visitors to the websites. That is why we want to inform you clearly about how CETS copes with covering and securing the personal information. We want to clearly communicate what personal data CETS collects, how we use that information, and what to do if you wish to check, change, or remove your personal information.
CETS does not focus its activities on minors and therefore does not make any agreements with minors.
CETS adbl is the responsible party for data processing.
Address: Kapeldreef 60, 3001 LEUVEN.
Phone: +32 (0)16 40 14 20.
If you have questions about the way that CETS asbl handles your data, of if you would like to unsubscribe for certain use of your data, you can send an e-mail at any time to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also use this address if you would like to access or have your data changed. You can always contact us free of charge to have your personal data removed from our database on request. Please attach a copy of your identity card with your request so that we can process your request as quickly as possible.
PURPOSES FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Personal data refers to: name, first name, address, phone number, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, etc.
CETS gathers and processes your personal data for the following purposes.
• for drafting and implementing the agreement concluded with you, including payment of products and/or services purchased, and in order to be able to offer you the agreed products and/or services;
• in order to offer you the opportunity to place and exchange information on the website and to be able to contact other users if the website offers the possibility to do so;
• in order to offer you the opportunity to have visitors and parties interested in your advertisement contact you if you have placed an advertisement on our website;
• in order to be able to create invoices when it concerns a paid service. CETS never publishes this financial data on a website, and also never makes it available to third parties for purposes other than implementing the agreement;
• in order to optimise the security of the website;
• in order to create web statistics, for instance, about the number of visitors to the different sections of our website;
• in order to be able to offer you the services and advertisements in general on our website;
• for marketing purposes in order to provide you targeted information about relevant products and/or services as well as new offers from CETS and third parties that we suspect you might be interested in. In order to align this information with your personal interests so that we can, for instance, show you an advertisement for a product and/or service that we suspect you might be interested in according to the personal data we have processed;
• in order to be able send you relevant e-mails and mail, newsletters, user information, service messages or other electronic messages;
• for further marketing purposes whereby the data can be passed on to companies and/or third parties so that they can direct interesting and relevant product and/or service offers to you;
• in order to analyse, maintain, secure and optimise our websites and technologies;
• in order to be in accordance with the laws and regulations to which CETS is subject;
• for settling any disputes;
• for administrative purposes.
CETS saves your personal data only as long as necessary for the purposes described above. After that, your personal information remains saved for archiving purposes.
SHARING PRIVATE DATA
CETS will not share the personal data processed with third parties unless a specifically cooperation and agreement is granted in the framework of specific campaigns.
REGISTRATION OF PERSONAL DATA
CETS only records data that you decide to entrust to us and are specified by yourself. Some personal information is sent to us automatically. And therefore, can be automatically registered on your TCP/IP address, the brand and version of your browser, the type of internet browser you are using, the type of operating system you use, the domain name of the website from which you are connected with our site, and the last visited webpage.
We can register the data automatically through cookies
RETENTION OF DATA
In accordance with the privacy law you always have the right to:
- access to your data;
- improvement of these data;
- unsubscribe or request to be forgotten, unless this is contrary to the legal obligations of the Association CETS
For these matters, you can report to CETS via: email@example.com.
Cookies are small computer files that our servers send and that are placed on your computer’s hard drive. These cookies contain information that only we can decipher and only when you visit the website. When you visit our website, we can save information on your computer. These cookies are there so that you can navigate on our site.
You are always free to refuse installation of these cookies by changing the Internet options from your navigation software. Using your Internet browser, you can delete cookies from your hard drive, block them or receive a warning before a cookie is saved. For more information about these functions we refer you to the instructions on the help screen among your browser settings.
SECURING PERSONAL DATA
When processing personal data, CETS is responsible for securing this information. For instance, we do everything possible to ensure that there is no unauthorised access to, adjustment, loss, or any form of unlawful processing of personal data. Our employees are required to handle your personal data confidentially when they have access to them.
Data leaks will be reported immediately to the Commission with regard to the protection of privacy, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussels
Pictures used and/or taken during the events of CETS and which explicitly certain persons recognizable, will only be used provided with the consent of the concerning person. The same measure also applies to specific detailphotos of processes and/or products unless the company is offering them for publication. Overview pictures will be used without permission.
More information concerning protection of privacy can be found at the Comission for Protection of Privacy, Drukpersstraat 35, 1000 Brussel.
Last changed: 18/05/2018.